UNION PARISH "BIG BUCK" CONTEST
Please Review and Adhere to the Rules Below:
Please Review and Adhere to the Rules Below:
- The Sportsman’s EXPO or Chamber of Commerce and its sponsors are not responsible for any injuries or accidents arising from participation in this contest or any related events.
- This contest and all rules are subject to the laws and hunting regulations of the state of Louisiana.
- All contestants are considered entered when the fee of $10.00 is paid.
- Pre-registration is required for the BIG BUCK Contest.
- All contestants must be legally permitted to take deer according to the 2019 - 2020 Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Hunting Regulations
- All “Big Buck” contestants must have a valid Louisiana Hunting License.
- All entry animals must be scored by an official scorer at designated locations provided in these rules. Any fee associated with scoring will be the hunter’s responsibility.
- All animals must be scored within 24 hours following the harvest. All information provided by the hunter at time of scoring must be correct. If the information provided is not correct, that will be grounds for disqualification.
- Gross-Non-Typical scores are determined by what is considered to be the Gross Non-Typical score by the Boone & Crockett measuring system. Gross Typical scores are determined by what is considered to be the Typical score determined by the Boone & Crockett measuring system.
- In the event of a scoring tie, the winner will be determined by the date and time of entry submission. (First Recorded by date and time will be winner) The director may choose to have a deer re-scored if the original score becomes questionable. Should the hunter choose not to have the animal re-scored, the hunter and the animal will not be allowed in the contest (No Exceptions). Any entry that does not abide by the Director’s final decision in any matter will be disqualified.
- All DEER to be entered into the EXPO “BIG BUCK” Contest must be from the parish of Union in the state of Louisiana.
- All contestants must enter their own kill and the antlers must be attached to the body of a freshly killed whitetail deer or attached to a sufficient portion of the head, neck, and cape of a freshly killed whitetail deer. No deer will be eligible for the contest if brought in with just the skull and antlers. All animals must be legally tagged when brought to the contest. (No Exceptions)
- No High-Fence deer harvests are allowed. No out of state/Parish/County deer harvests are allowed.
- Animals that are considered “Tame,” “Domesticated” or “Pet” are not allowed in the contest. All animals that were kept inside a pen for breeding purposes or any other reason are considered tame and will not be allowed in the contest. The official scorer will check the animal for any type markings. If these types of markings be found the animal will not be allowed in the contest. If the director finds that the animal is not free ranging, he has the right to hold the animal out of the contest until an intense investigation is conducted. If the director finds that the animal was not free-ranging the animal and the hunter will be disqualified from the contest and may be disqualified from future contests.
- Registration fee of $10 must be paid 24 hours prior to harvest. One registration fee per hunter: Additional Big Buck tickets may be purchased for door prizes and cash prizes.
- Any antlered deer may be entered, regardless of gender.
- No deer cloaked in velvet will be allowed in the contest. (No Exceptions)
- Only deer harvested during the 2019 - 2020 hunting season are eligible for the cash prize. The EXPO “BIG BUCK” winner MAY also be asked to submit to polygraph exam to verify their harvest. Failure to submit to polygraph exam disqualifies hunter in contest.
- Deer must be harvested by a type of legal firearm or bow and only during the deer hunting season.
- The winner of the contest is required to have his/her animal on display at the Sportsman’s Banquet in order to claim their cash prize. No prizes shall be mailed until the shipping charges have been paid in full in advance.
- Prizes will include a $1,000.00 Big Buck harvest. Winner will be announced at Sportsman Banquet and EXPO.
- IF YOU DO NOT HUNT, your Big Buck ticket of $10.00 will give you an opportunity to win a cash prize or additional door prizes that may be awarded at the Banquet & Expo.
- Ticket holders do not have to participate in the “BIG BUCK” hunting part of the contest to be eligible for any Banquet and EXPO door prizes or Cash prizes.
- Awards will be given at the Sportsman Banquet which will follow the hunting season.